Monday, November 15, 2010

Bedroom ideas- a little boy and girl sharing

We are moving to a new place shortly, so I am obsessed at getting it a bit more like "us" as soon as possible.

The kids will be sharing, which is a little bit of a challenge, as the Tiny Terrorist, is all boy, and Jubby, is all girl.  They are now at the stage, where Jubby will carefully build a sand castle, and TT will take a running leap and smash it.

Their room isn't big but:

-I want to carve out two separate areas for them.
-I want to fit a chest of drawers and a toy bookshelf/unit.
-I'd love them to both have space for their treasures (still not sure what to do with TT's agile climbing)

So far, I am in love with apartmenttherapy.com, for ideas (especially their seperate kids section)

I want to be brave and not paint their room in white (as usual).

I really want a beautiful duck egg blue for the walls (I love houseofturquoise.com), but given that I love colour so much, I now get lost in the paint shop colour charts. I've now resorted to finding items that I like & sending my poor husband to the paint shop to try to match it.

I would like white timber beds with trundles to maximise storage. White picture frames for their drawings.

I have no clue how to do this, but I see TT's area, including cobalt blue and shots of red.  J's area including pastel pink and soft green.

So many ideas, not sure how to do this!

I made my first purchase today, from Etsy. I hope it arrives safely and clears customs, but I thought it would look so cute on their bedroom door (the shop is called Mountain Brook)



I also love the Christopher Robin decals, probably because Jubby is extremely attached to her Pooh bear.

“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think"   Christopher Robin

Coolartvinyl make a fabulous version, but I'm not sure its going to fit.

http://www.coolartvinyl.com.au/braver-wall-quote-decal-p-275.html?osCsid=ub8r8g9n55nhuuprkun21r9jl3


And I also love the children's bus scroll with the morning routine:

http://hollyandeddie.com.au/item_465/Bus-scroll--morning-routine.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment