Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Replica Furniture--is it all bad?

Yesterday, we met with our handyman to discuss the work needed to get the house ready. We are very thankful that the vendors agreed to let us in before settlement.

The list is extensive
- knock a wall between the kitchen and dining area to open the space (he's a little bit worried about this, but I think it'll be ok)
- build a combined storage unit/desk in bedroom 3
- paint every room except for the hallway
- install a kitchen exhaust fan and washing line (not sure how they got away with this for 15 years)

Unfortunately, we can't install a proper door between the living area and the hallway- I will have to see how we go, sound-wise, as at worst, we can install a concertina door.

I also signed into floorplanner.com to work out how to get all the items to fit.

I uploaded the real estate floor plan (which sadly wasn't measured correctly) and then dropped in the items like beds etc to see how it would look.

Sadly, its very tight and being me, I haven't figured out how to get the 3d view to work, but now I have a better feel of what may work before I redo the plan against our measurements...

http://pl.an/f1shhw

I really wanted each of the kids to have a separate space for their treasures, but the hard part is fitting something in to allow for it.

I love modern gear. I really like the componibili, especially in the red and white, and I have seen great pics of it as a bedside table. 

Now to ponder the question of whether I can justify the fact that its a replica as (a) I cant afford the real thing and (b) its for little kids, who damage things anyway!

http://www.mattblatt.com.au/Replica-Tables/Replica-Anna-Castelli-Ferrieri-Componibili-2-Round-.aspx?p4167c6

No comments:

Post a Comment